Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Executive Director
Positions reporting to this Position: Office Assistant
The Virginia League of Conservation Voters (Virginia LCV) works to turn conservation and environmental values into state and local priorities. Virginia LCV advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and strives to elect a majority of state legislators who will champion our priority issues.
Virginia LCV’s work to protect and advocate for conservation and the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. We aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
Virginia LCV is looking to hire a Director of Finance and Administration who will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of the Virginia League of Conservation Voters, the Virginia League of Conservation Voters Education Fund, and related entities. The successful Director of Finance and Administration will effectively manage the budgets of the organizations, develop and maintain efficient internal controls, ensure efficient operations, and provide human resources and administrative support to the organizations’ program departments; and assist in the organizations’ compliance with relevant tax and campaignfinance laws and regulations.
An ideal candidate should be detail-oriented with strong communication and analytical skills, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have familiarity with all aspects of accounting. This position will oversee an Office Assistant position.
- Direct and manage the organization’s financial policies and accounting practices;
- Oversee monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including bank statements;
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports to the organizations’ board ofdirectors;
- Facilitate and prepare schedules for annual financial statements, audit and preparationsof IRS Form 990’s;
- Oversee State Board of Elections compliance processes for the finance department,ensuring accuracy and completeness of revenue and disbursements reported;
- Post cash disbursements and receipts;
- Assist the Executive Director in development of the annual budget;
- Prepare financial reports for proposals and reports to grantor foundations;
- Review payroll and serve as back-up to payroll processor when necessary;
- Administer the organizations’ travel expense process;
- Assist the Executive Director in vendor contracting;
- Handle correspondence concerning accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing,credit card administration, and other financial transactions; and
- Handle organization’s human resources needs including benefits administration
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Virginia LCV
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/economics
- At least 3 years accounting work experience required; public accounting experience and CPA/MBA preferred
- At least 1 year supervisory experience required
- Experience with foundation grants and restricted project fund accounting preferred
- Computer proficiency, including expertise with Excel; Quickbooks and computerized accounting systems required; familiarity with member database systems preferred
- Experience with State Board of Elections compliance reporting preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to produce organized and accurate materials quickly
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Shares Virginia LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Nonprofit work experience helpful
- Full time
- Salary starts at $50,000 with benefits, commensurate with experience
- Position Located in Richmond, Virginia
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Finance” in the subject line no later than August 3, 2018. No phone calls please.
Virginia LCV is Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace.