Operations Manager – Job Description
Virginia LCV seeks an Operations Manager to help support the organization’s core operational functions.
About the Organization: The Virginia League of Conservation Voters is a statewide, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve Virginia’s natural resources for future generations. The Virginia League serves as the political voice of the state’s conservation community, working to make sure Virginia’s elected officials recognize that our natural heritage is an environmental and economic treasure for all.
Virginia LCV consists of a family of organizations; Virginia League of Conservation Voters, Virginia League of Conservation Voters Education Fund and Virginia League of Conservation Voters Political Action Committee. We work to secure policies that benefit Virginia’s environment, elect conservationists to office, hold them accountable for their actions, and build a conservation majority in state government. Visit www.valcv.org, www.valcvef.org, and www.valcvpac.org for more information.
- Execute day-to-day financial operations of three separate organizational entities; a 501(c)(4), 501(c)(3) and a Political Action Committee
- Generate financial reports for three organizations
- Deposit checks using Onsite Deposit
- Manage accounts payable with vendors and internally between entities, securing proper approval for payments
- Provide financial management support through different mechanisms, such as monitoring bank accounts
- Support development and fundraising efforts by tracking donations and sending acknowledgement letters
- Breakout personnel, operating, travel, and communications expenses by entity (c3, c4, PAC) and class
- Record all financial transactions in QuickBooks, using proper Account and Class coding
- Reconcile bank statements, accounts payable between entities, SBE COMET (PAC income and expenditures), and Databank revenue reports with QuickBooks
- PAC Reporting: Record all PAC income and expenditures with SBE, file large contribution reports as needed, and submit quarterly reports
- Prepare and submit yearly reports with VDACS and SCC
- Manage Non-Employee Compensation by maintaining independent contractor records, and preparing and mailing 1099’s, as well as submitting 1096 with IRS annually
- Prepare books and documents for accountant related to IRS 990s
- Provide Board of Director support, plan and attend quarterly meetings, and prepare minutes and related documents
- Maintain and organize paper and electronic filing (Dropbox) systems for both financial and organizational records
- Collect new-hire paperwork and enter new employees into payroll system
- Manage healthcare and IRA enrollment/renewals
- Track PTO/COMP/SICK time.
- Manage Gmail, Google Calendar, and Dropbox access
- Answer phones, greet visitors, and respond to/forward emails
- Manage technology needs of office, troubleshoot issues, and contact technology vendors as needed
- Report maintenance issues and follow-up with maintenance as necessary
- Order office supplies
- Provide assistance to all staff in mailings, program activities, and event planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Virginia LCV
- Must enjoy working in a small office as key member of a great, hard-working and fun team
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/writing skills
- Strong bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Windows Office Suite and Adobe
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and complete assignments under short deadlines
- Must be able to manage own time, set priorities and shift readily between various assignments
Salary and Benefits: Nonprofit salary commensurate with experience + benefits
To apply/contact: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Jobs@valcv.org. We are accepting applications until Dec. 15. This position can be full- or part-time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Virginia LCV is always accepting interested interns. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.